Benefits of Living in Just This Moment!
There are an abundance of studies and research showing how Mindfulness works and its numerous beneficial effects:
• Meditation can help us to switch off the stress response and activate our natural calm response.
• Meditation helps our immune system to strengthen.
• Meditation helps us to deal with stress and anxiety with kindness and compassion towards ourselves and others.
• Meditation help us become more aware of the sensations in our bodies; all we see, hear, taste, touch, sense as well as the thoughts in our mind.
• Meditation can help with anxiety, depression, chronic pain, substance abuse, eating disorders.
• Meditation can help to lower blood pressure and cortisol levels in the body.
• Mindfulness helps us maintain our attention on where we are. Sustaining our attention and being fully present has the wonderful effect of helping us to live life to the full by finding a balance between being and doing.
• Through Meditation we experience full conscious awareness of where we are in just this moment which gives us freedom and choice.
• Through mindfulness we become aware of our habitual thoughts and behaviours, we can see what is kind and unkind to ourselves and others. The compassion created by mindfulness helps to dissipate the power of negative feelings.
• Meditation helps us learn that although we maybe time poor we are moment rich!
• Mindfulness helps us make just this moment vital and worth living.
• NICE (the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) recommends Mindfulness Meditation for treating relapsing depression.